Which of the three best describes what being humans mean?

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Through our work and efforts in trying to callaboratively consume and recycle better, I have learned so much and I feel like I am really beginning to get excited about this. I feel that since the start of the project, I always imagined trying to do something for our school would be extremely cool, but I never believed that it would make me want to change the way I live and consume daily. I've learned so much about just how bad things can get within a single classroom, for instance when other kids in our G&T class and myself see vast amounts of recyclable materials in the trash. I have also realized all of the books and literature that our classes do not even use and how there are just piles of books everywhere. Although right now all of these books are unused, I am hoping that when Mr. Wiggley writes back, I will be able to sign our school up for Swap4Schools and our class might be able to trade or give away these books to schools that need them.
In my collaborative consumption group I have given some ideas for what we can try to do with the school store, as well as the letter to Ms. Riordan. I also will be the one to set up our Swap4Schools account and try and help find schools to trade to.
I can definately see collaborative consumption sticking with me because the concept of it is so amazing and smart. It seems like our society should have had forms of these CC ideas way before computers and websites like Swap.com. Also, I have, in the past weeks especially, tried to make sure that I recycle everything I can and just try and reduce the items that I have thrown out. I feel that my biggest accomplishment is that I have tried to stay away from bottled water as much as possible since I used to drink multiple bottles a day. In all I think we are doing a great job and I can not wait until we can start enforcing some ideas in our school!

No comments:

Post a Comment